YHDO is a non-governmental and non-for-profit organization established in Afghanistan since 2009. YHDO is registered with Ministry of Economy of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
YHDO primary focus is to offer a range of services to Afghan youth and other marginalized groups in the wider society.
A socially inclusive Afghanistan where in the youth are empowered to exercise their rights in all spheres of their lives.
Our mission is to strive for the democratization of development processes and institutions in order to ensure that the voices of the youth are heard and acted upon.
YHDO Donors and partners
- Global Fund
- UN WOMEN
- Save the Children International (SCI)
- US Embassy, Kabul
- Counterpart International
YHDO institutional policies and procedures
YHDO institutional policies and procedures are founded on the principles of equality, transparency, accountability and democratic governance.
The following statements articulate the foundations on which the YHDO institutional policies and procedures have been developed:
- YHDO is an equal opportunities employer.
- YHDO does not discriminate at any time on the basis of caste, colour, creed, sex, culture, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status and geographic origin.
- YHDO promotes initiative, leadership, innovation and creativity at work place.
- YHDO promotes professional development of its staff and consultants.